On September 24th HP announced two new HP ProLiant 300 e-Series servers ideally suited for general workloads. The new Servers are built to address the growing requirements of small and mid-size customers while delivering ProLiant Gen8 innovations and maximizing return on investment. Optimized for everyday business needs, the ProLiant 300 e-Series servers offer a lower initial acquisition cost and improve operating costs on a daily basis. Both are built on HP ProActive Insight architecture that provides a wide range of embedded automation and intelligent management features that make all HP ProLiant Gen8 servers the world’s most self-sufficient servers.
New HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 Server series- Essential availability and expansion in a 1P tower
The HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8, a single-socket 4U tower server, delivers the perfect combination of affordability, functionality, and scalability to accommodate changing business needs. With features such as HP Intelligent Provisioning, HP Smart Update, HP SmartMemory, HP SmartDrive, and HP Integrated Lights-Out 4 (HP iLO 4), the ProLiant ML310e Gen8 Server scores high on self-manageability and is perfect for growing businesses and enterprise remote branch offices.
- Superior memory capacity and high performance.
- 50 percent increase in storage capacity (up to 12 TB compared to 8 TB in previous generations).
- Up to four PCIe 3.0 and Gen2 slots for additional I/O performance.
- Now standard with HP iLO 4 for enhanced manageability and reduced operational costs.
The ProLiant ML310e Gen8 Server is packaged in a microATX tower chassis that makes common server hardware configuration changes simple and flexible, supports the latest Intel® Xeon® E3, Intel Core™ i3, and Pentium® G series processors along with PCI Express Gen3 slots. With DDR3 memory operating at up to 1600 MHz, customers get superior system performance and high memory capacity of up to 32 GB.
A perfect combination of cost-effectiveness, functionality, and scalability, the ProLiant ML310e Gen8 Server redefines essential and easy-to-use computing. It is the ideal entry-level server for growing businesses and enterprise remote branch offices running light applications such as file/print, web messaging, and small vertical applications or databases.
To learn more see HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 Server series .
New HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 Server series - Ideal single-application IT infrastructure server
The HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 Server with its one processor (1P) and 1U rack form factor design is an ideal server to run single applications or dedicated IT services. The ProLiant DL320e Gen8 Server is not only affordable but is more powerful by enabling quad-core processor computing performance with faster memory and larger storage capacity, all in a small package that occupies less space.
- More for demanding applications - 2X more cache capacity with 2GB FBWC options for HP Smart Array controllers , up to 32GB of HP SmartMemory and up to 1600 MHz in memory speed
- Save operational costs- with HP Common Slot Platinum Plus Power Supplies for up to 94 percent power efficiency.
- Room for growth - HP Smart Array drives with up to 50 percent increase in storage capacity (12TB).
- Easier- Enhanced serviceability with fast access PCIe riser solutions and HP SmartMemory.
The HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 Server is an ideal entry-level server to meet the challenges of limited staff, fixed budgets, and space constraints—while ensuring business efficiency and high performance for running a single application or dedicated IT services.
For more details, please refer to HP ProLiant DL320e Server series.
Both new Servers are including user-inspired features that anticipate needs and eradicate common issues that result in downtime like:
- HP iLO 4 provides agentless hardware monitoring and alerting capabilities that start working the moment a power cord and an Ethernet cable are connected to the server.
- HP Active Health System monitors and records changes in the server hardware and system configuration 24x7, to diagnose problems before system failures occur.
- HP Intelligent Provisioning eliminates manual steps to enable faster server deployment and configuration. HP Smart Update Manager dramatically reduces downtime associated with firmware and software updates.
- HP SmartDrive can predict a drive failure and proactively rebuild from a spare, delivering continuous data protection. Additionally, the “Do Not Remove” indicator prevents failures due to accidental or premature removal of drives while they are processing. The new HP SmartDrive carrier offers ease of management, enhanced capacity, and reduced serviceability errors.
- Improves serviceability with easy tool-less access to customer serviceable components.
Learn more on the previous announcement e-Series: redefining the entry server category with breakthrough ProLiant Gen8 technologies .
Experience innovation 4-6 December at HP’s biggest tech event in Frankfurt, Germany . Join us.