As the Social Media Manager for ISS, it’s my responsibility to facilitate discussions surrounding our latest products and services, so when HP has new news to share, I sometimes host awareness events. Recently, we announced our next generation of servers (HP ProLiant Gen8) so I had the honor of hosting 10 independent bloggers from all over the country to get up close and personal with Gen8.
Over the course of the 2 day event, we provided each of the bloggers with hands-on access to HP leaders, engineers, products, and software by presenting technical sessions, demos, and labs. We also:
- Provided an introduction to the new HP Gen8 Enterprise - bringing together the market leadership of the Gen8 products with strong technology assets
- Had them hear from our business and technology leaders about key trends driving Gen8 innovation
- Discussed the HP ProLiant Gen8 product portfolio and the technologies behind it
- Toured HP’s Design Center lab
- Got hands on with product tear downs
- Participated in a panel discussion with HP experts
The goal? Enable deep dive discussions about Gen8 and provide an exciting and rewarding exchange of ideas about Gen8 computing with HP.
All in all, I think we were successful, but I don’t want you to take it from me. Read some of the blogs that have been posted so far and let me know what you think.
Hans de Leenheer
I want to thank each of these guys for attending and taking the time to write the above blogs. They are what make these events a success. Want to learn more about the blog authors? See my other blog post here.