Customers have been telling us that data intensive enterprise workloads, including business processing and decision support, are placing x86 infrastructure under tremendous stress. They are observing inadequate scaling of compute capabilities to effectively handle complex/demanding workloads and exponential data growth. System architecture without balanced I/O, memory and CPU resources are not adequate for these complex workloads.
Even if they consider deploying these demanding workloads on large x86 servers, they get concerned about the insufficient reliability to handle large single system databases and high density virtualization. I have talked to many customers who have shared concerns about putting many eggs in a single basket when I talked to them about consolidating their applications on large x86 servers that are capable of running hundreds of virtual machines.
On the top of these issues, the increased management complexity and operating cost due to server sprawl and the burden of legacy systems places their current data center infrastructure to tremendous stress.
Today HP introduced the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of scale-up ProLiant servers optimized for the most demanding, data intensive x86 workloads to address these concerns and enable them to deploy their most demanding load with confidence at an ROI that was never seen before.
With self-healing resiliency, balanced scaling and break through efficiencies , these new scale-up ProLiant servers offers up to 200% boost in server availability, up to 3 times database performance and a pay back as little as 30 days.
The new generation of HP ProLiant servers includes:
- ProLiant DL980 G7 Server—Increase reliability and scale up with confidence with the unique PREMA Architecture. This architecture extends the Intel 7500/6500 series processors by combining HP smart CPU caching technology and a redundant system fabric. Gain more than twice the performance and a 200% boost in availability.
- ProLiant DL585 G7 Server—Save money with the world’s first server capable of paying for itself in less than 30 days. Gain 4P performance at 2P economics for compelling price/performance.
- ProLiant DL580 G7 Server—Scale up with a 4P server with the reliability required for the most demanding, data-intensive workloads.
- ProLiant BL680c G7 Server Blade—Get the ultimate virtualization performance with the world’s first blade to support a terabyte of memory.
- ProLiant BL685c G7 Server Blades—Enjoy industry-leading price/performance and integrated HP FlexFabric networking.
Check out the guided tour by Greg Huff, CTO, HP Industry Standard servers.
You can also see them in the expo at the HP Tech Forum, June 21st- 24th , Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas.
Come and join me at the Tech Forum to learn more about the new offering:-
HP ProLiant Scale-up x86 offering - blending mission critical and industry standards design principles: - 12:30 PM - Tuesday, 6/22/2010 (Breakers E) and 2:00 PM Wednesday, 6/23/2010 (Breakers E)
In addition, you will find following sessions valuable:-
Driving Innovation on Industry Standards from Client to Cloud - Steve Wozniak Apple Co-Founder & Chief Scientist Fusion-io , Bill Swales Vice President, Industry Standard Servers , HP, Mark Potter Senior Vice President and General Manager, Infrastructure, Software & Blades - 2:00 PM, Tuesday, 6/22/2010 ( Islander ABC room )
Next generation HP ProLiant servers: Why you can’t afford to wait – McLeod Glass, Director, HP ISS Marketing, Tim Golden, CTO, HP ISS Americas- 9:00am, Thursday (Breakers G) and 1:30 PM Thursday (Surf C)
HP ProLiant DL980 Server – Brendan Voge, Senior Architect, HP - 11:00am, Tuesday, (Breakers E) and 9:30am, Wednesday, (Surf C)