Guest blogger: Scott Cannon, HP Industry Standard Servers
On February 19, 2013, HP introduced five new Qualified Options to its portfolio. HP Qualified Options provide enhanced performance, improved reliability as well as improved compatibility with HP ProLiant servers. HP Qualified Options are integrated with many HP system management tools and can help to lower operations costs when compared to other non-HP products.
Additions to the HP Qualified Options portfolio include:
- HP 1.2TB SAS Enterprise Drives: Need greater storage capacity and performance? Introducing the HP 1.2TB 6G SAS 10K rpm 2.5inch SAS Enterprise hard drives. Enterprise hard drives are “best-in-class” high performance I/O drives designed for larger, more complex mission-critical applications. This is the largest enterprise 10K rpm SAS hard drive available for HP ProLiant servers and server storage.
- HP 4TB SATA Midline Drives: If you are looking for cost optimized capacity storage, HP now offers 4TB 3G/6G SATA 7200rpm 3.5inch Midline drives. Midline hard drives are high capacity and availability storage drives designed for economical reliability and performance for non-mission critical applications. Midline SAS/SATA hard drives provide the best price advantage for these low workload environments.
- HP 32GB Flash Media Kits: Do you need a “boot-from-flash” solution for Windows 2012 and Linux OS? The HP 32GB SD & microSD Mainstream Flash uses SMLC NAND Flash technology (50k P/E cycles) for higher performance and better reliability. This differentiates it from “off the shelf” consumer-based NAND flash device products such as MP3 players, digital cameras and printers. It is ideal for Windows 2012 and Linux OS boot solutions.
- HP 6Gb SATA Enterprise Mainstream SSDs: Improved endurance and nearly 3x IOPS boost over previous generation drives is what you will get from the new HP 6Gb SATA Enterprise Mainstream SSDs. Boasting 61,000 Random Read IOPS and 35,000 Random Write IOPS (4KiB, 800GB SKUs) these SSDs will be a crowd pleaser. The Endurance of 10 Drive Writes per Day (over a 5 year SSD life) is a welcome addition to the HP Solid State portfolio. These 100/200/400/800GB SSDs are targeted for “Enterprise Mainstream” applications, for use in equal read/write workloads, and are supported with HP SMARTSSD Wear Gauge.
- HP PCIe IO Accelerators Now at 3TB Capacity: Are you looking to accelerate application performance and unlock compute cycles? The new 3.0TB HP PCIe IO Accelerator ioDrive2 FH/HL card achieves performance of 86,000 Read Random IOPS and 33,000 Write Random IOPS (Q16, 4KiB) and Write access latency of 17 microseconds. With Enterprise-Class Endurance and consuming only 24W Power, this new PCIe card provides a nice capacity increase to the HP IO Accelerator family.
For more information, visit the HP Qualified Options website at www.hp.com/go/hpqo