I can only imagine what keeps you up at night as you run through a mental check list of what IT issues need to be addressed and how to determine which issues get the highest priority. Problems in compute capacity can and often do become exacerbated in a relatively short period of time—especially if the problems you thought you had addressed were in fact only partially resolved. Problems relative to escalating OPEX costs, spiraling power consumption, shrinking available space, unbalanced server workloads and the inability to accurately track assets in a timely manner can all wreck havoc in an IT environment.
At HP Discover 2012 Mark Potter, SVP and GM for HP ISS and Blades[w1] , hosted a session on the “Introduction to the next generation HP ProLiant Gen8 servers”. The phrase “making technology that work for you” is truly most applicable for this portfolio of server solutions.
The ProLiant Gen 8 servers portfolio includes the new e-series server line, two new blade servers, and introduces AMD based server products. These servers are built to handle everyday business needs and redefine the essence of problem solving. The major benefits include:
- 3x increased administrator productivity with HP Smart Update
- 6x performance increase for demanding workloads
- Industry's first HP Location Discovery Services deliver 1.7x compute per watt
- 66% faster problem resolution with the industry's first comprehensive, cloud-based management and support portal
- The embedded video features HP's Jim Ganthier and Kristen Reyes as they discuss the recent major announcements that were made on the server side and HP ProLiant Gen8.
Powered by the HP ProActive Insight architecture, ProLiant Gen8 servers provide an ongoing continuous analysis of system parameters to optimize application performance, proactively improve uptime, and give you insight into every aspect of your IT infrastructure. The Gen8 servers and server architecture can redefine your expectations on overcoming complexity and simplifying IT management.