By Stefan Buchberger: HP Industry-standard Servers & Software
With HP Gen8 innovations, the DL385p Gen8 with the HP ProActive Insight Architecture offers the perfect solution for virtualization, database, and dynamic computing workloads and is built to protect your investment and extend the life with reliability, accessibility and serviceability features designed in.
Easy to manage and support
- HP Intelligent Provisioning takes strengths from products like SmartStart, Smart Update Manager, and ProLiant Support Packs, enhances them with the latest ease-of-use features and places them, where you can use them instantly, on the system board.
- From the initial deployment, to daily management, service alerting, and remote support, the new HP iLO Management Engine (iLO 4) insures a lifecycle approach to manage the your HP ProLiant DL385p Gen8 Server
- HP Active Health System provides 24x7 continuous health monitoring, 100% configuration change logging, and faster problem analysis with HP Service and Support.
- User-inspired design features that anticipate your needs and virtually eliminate common issues that result in downtime including HP SmartDrives, “Snap and Go” rails, flat cabling design, and easy tool-less access to all customer serviceable components.
Turbo charge your workload:
- AMD 6200 Series – the world’s first and only 16 cores x 86 server processors - designed for performance and efficiency.
- 50% more memory capacity and higher performance with HP Smart Memory
- Intuitive status feedback along with increased storage capacity, performance and protection with new HP Smart Drive, embedded Smart Array Controller, and HP Flash Backed Write Cache.
- Flexibility and scalability with multiple drive cages to meet your specific workload needs and drive increased storage capacities in the multi-TeraBytes.
- More I/O throughput with up to six available PCI-Express expansion slots with risers supporting x16, x8 and x4 solutions.
- New Customer Choice in Networking base with HP FlexibleLOM’s allowing you to customize your server networking with the choice of 1G or 10G Ethernet or Flexible Fabric Networking solutions.
Reclaim your resources:
- Automated Energy Optimization improves the server’s ability to analyze and respond to the new “3D Sea of Sensors” data within the server as well as self-identify location and inventory through HP Insight Control for maximum workload optimization across the entire data center. Intelligent Efficiency at it’s best.
- ENERGY STAR® and the EPA continue to be a valued partner in defining and developing new efficiency standards and the ProLiant DL385p Gen8 server configurations will continue to meet these qualifications and requirements.
- HP has a first in the next step to intelligent power provisioning throughout the datacenter with up to 94% high efficiency HP Platinum Plus Common-Slot Power Supplies (460W, 750W, 1200W) that communicate with the HP Intelligent PDUs to automate power provisioning and most important are delivering the top levels of efficiency today, not tomorrow.
- New HP Intelligent i-Series Rack is the first server rack with built-in intelligence to correlate server temperature and workload with the exact location of each server to deliver the right level cooling.
The HP ProLiant DL385p Gen8 Server Series will make a real difference!
To learn how the new ProLiant Gen8 servers, with a host of innovative breakthroughs, can help you transform your data center economics, read the HP feature article titled “Four ways to achieve a self-sufficient infrastructure”