By Dan Gilfix - HP Converged Application Systems Marketing
It’s here! HP AppSystem for Apache Hadoop is now available for pre-order worldwide. This purpose built solution enables customers to deploy a fully functioning big data solution in hours, not days or months.
The enterprise-ready HP AppSystem for Apache Hadoop is available in half and full rack configurations and comes complete with:
- Hadoop software - Cloudera Enterprise (Cloudera Distribution including Apache Hadoop (CDH), Cloudera Manager, and Cloudera Production Support)
- Scale out infrastructure – ProLiant Gen8 380e servers for worker nodes and 360p servers for management and head nodes running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2, both with HP Networking Top of Rack switches
- System management software - HP Insight Cluster Management Utility, for push button scale out of 800+ nodes in 30 minutes, 2D and 3D monitoring, and remote control of the entire Hadoop environment.
- Real-time analytics software – Vertica Analytics Platform Community Edition
- HP Technology Support and Consulting Services and Cloudera Production Support, for 7x24 infrastructure and Hadoop software, respectively
Industry analysts and customers agree that while Hadoop adoption has risen rapidly in 2012, there remain significant challenges around deployment, scaling, and maintenance, exacerbated by the scarcity of Hadoop skills in the marketplace. HP AppSystem for Apache Hadoop addresses these challenges by providing a pre-configured, pre-optimized solution with leading performance (3.8x faster than competitors on a 10TB TeraSort benchmark). Find out more at www.hp.com/go/hadoop.
HP also offers consulting engagement and services to help you get the most out of your investment. Speak to your TS Consulting representative today to schedule a 3-day Big Data strategy workshop to build an end to end strategy with the key stakeholders of your enterprise and to understand how an HP solution can deliver deeper insights, faster. You can also take advantage of HP’s Roadmap Service for Big Data to create a comprehensive plan for your data as it evolves in the future. Find out more.