HP Insightful - Communications Techniques
Lately, I have felt the power behind well-balanced human relationships that effect individuals everywhere. It seems to me that most common issues and misunderstandings among people are the result of bad - or lack of - communications.
Globalization is the springboard that facilitates millions and millions of interactions between people all over the world. Email or social media platforms might be suitable communication solutions for huge enterprises to foster growth globally, but it is necessary to remove cultural barriers to drive the most excellent communication processes for any operation.
Language could be, in many cases, an obstacle that distorts the message. I am a true believer that most issues reside - not in the language being used by people every day, like words in their conference calls or typed characters in their e-mails and SMS messaging – but in the human emotion behind those words. In my opinion, we need to learn about and get better at using the language that communicates care, empathy and love. I believe those are the tools that might really make the difference in our day to day communication process by establishing more win -win opportunities and giving us the capability to identify more closely with other’s personal viewpoints. Think of how this approach could create an amazing road to personal success!
I would like to share a few techniques that I believe will contribute to a more effective personal and professional communication process. I’ll list the tips from the simplest to most difficult.
- Smile! Believe it or not, that one action is one of the most common human gestures. The truth is --the more you smile, the more smiles are returned -- whether one “hears” a smile over the telephone, or you share a smile in a one-on-one conversation. A smile is about creating a positive scenario that establishes good will and sets the stage for an open and honest exchange. The tone of your voice should always communicate joy to your listeners. Try incorporating caring and interest into your conversations. Guess what? If you are warm and caring, it will be very easy to establish a friendly short (or long) term relationship that will remain in your party’s mind long after your conversation is over.
- Practice your “emotional intelligence” at all times. That means you will need to be aware and to adjust your interactions in certain social situations. In order to interact most successfully, you must first be open and give your best self. I think you will find, as I have experienced myself that most people will be like a mirror: you will see a genuine reflection of your actions and attitudes towards them in any particular situation.
- Show empathy. Charisma is one of the most distinguishing personality attributes in a person. It will drive your interactions with others in a respectful and harmonic manner, gaining you personal admirers, as well as loyal business associates.
- Accomplish your tasks and duties with happiness. Give your utmost in anything you do, from writing an e-mail or answering a phone call, to washing the dishes at your home. Remember, it is not what you do; it is how you do it.
- Assure you are able to communicate commitment with your words, acts and thoughts. Together, those three attributes will give you “super powers”, and will make you happier and wiser; the decision-making process will always be much simpler.
- Show gratitude to people. They will enjoy working with you and will look for the next opportunity to do so, as well. Everyone loves and appreciates their work being valued.
Most of us are capable of communicating using all of the personality attributes I have discussed. , But sometimes we depend too much on technological tools and forget our true nature: we are social, human beings with great talents! As “social gurus”, we just need to practice these methods a little more. Remember to change the equation: depend first on your social, personal interactions and then on technology when interacting with family, colleagues, friend, and clients.
And I must remind you that, for any other technological issue with your HP equipment, HP Systems Insight Manager and Insight RS will provide the tools and insight you need for the best performance of your converged infrastructure.
Until next time,