At the end of last year I wrote out a view of hot technologies for 2006.
- 3G wireless -- Well there was definitely much more action on this front, with broadband capability now being embedded in some laptops. I'd give myself a B for this one.
- IMS networking -- This one also had a great deal of action. B.
- MDA techniques on top of SOA -- there has been some action on this front, but I'd not call it HOT. C+.
- Multi-core -- this one was clearly hot. A.
- Virtualization -- hotter than ever. A.
- Business simulation and pattern recognition -- again there was some action, but not what will be needed to really jump start a new approach to business. D.
- Intelligent or autonomous agents -- there was some action here, but not what I thought from the success of the DARPA Grand Challenge. D.
- Clean technologies -- The focus of performance per watt within the data center rose to prominence even more in 2006. A.
Overall that's 3 As, 2 Bs, a C+ and 2 Ds. Probably not the greatest grade card I've ever had, but not too bad for a prediction. I guess I'll have to get out my hot technologies for 2007.