A few months back I wrote a post about an HP e-zine focused on the healthcare and life sciences, then there was one on Finance and Accounting. I just received a new one focused on Oil & Gas. The articles included in this issue are:
- Five trends shaping the future of oil and gas
- Exploit sensor data for real-time decision-making
- Three critical enablers supporting the industry’s future
- Master big data to optimize the oil and gas lifecycle
- Pump up efficiency with mobility
- Once more unto the breach: Comprehensive security in the digital age
- Considering the cloud?
These focus on how organizations can use the abundance of capabilities that exist today to shift the value equation in the Oil & Gas space. The capabilities of mobility, beyond just a mobile phone but including all the sensing capabilities that exist at the edge of the enterprise, combined with the analytics available today can radically shift the understanding of what is taking place today as well as reduce the latency for the enterprise to respond to what has happened or even predict what will happen.
All of these industry focused activities are part of a larger effort to discuss the future use of technology. You can let your voice be heard on the Enterprise 20/20 project -- where these ideas and many others about the future enterprise are discussed.