I notice that a number of other blogs (like the Grounded in the cloud blog) have been putting out a summary of their most popular posts. Since it’s still early in the year and blog post topics are still a bit light until CES gets up to full speed, I thought I’d follow this trend.
The most read entries in no specific order were:
- What is this thing called Converged Infrastructure?
- Outsourced causes thoughts about technology and culture
- Megatrends, tech & planning
- Listening in on a discussion about public vs. private cloud
- Forces affecting services & outsourcing industry
- Innovation is in the eye of the beholder
- What HP is doing to enable an Instant-On Approach to Business
- Abundance & Value in IT
- Public vs. private cloud – What’s the difference? Why care??
- Instant-On Retail
It is clear that there wasn’t much useful information out there about converged infrastructure and the Instant-On Enterprise effort when those posts came out, so a number of people found them useful. Many of the other posts of interest were on cloud (at the tip top of the hype cycle) and the intersection of business and technology trends.
The two posts that I recall putting the most effort into were:
One thing I did try to do this year is place more illustrations (some free clipart and others that I modified to make a point) than I have in the past. It takes a bit more time to do this, but it does add another dimension to help get my point across. The post yesterday on the effect of automation upon IT employment is a good example.